Access Control can be purchased with a minimum of 10 groups at $30/ea per month (total $300/mo).
As mentioned in the Getting Started article, Access Control allows for end-user-specific status pages and notifications. In this article, we'll take a look at a working Multitenancy example.
For your demo account, create 2 users that share at least 1 component and differ by at least 1 component. In this example, we've already created two users, Russell and Brennan.
email@example.com => [Management Portal, API]
firstname.lastname@example.org => [API]
Testing User Pages
- Open two separate browsers
- In the first browser, navigate to Russell’s status page and authenticate with Russell’s credentials.
- In the second browser, navigate to Brennan’s status page and authenticate with Brennan’s credentials.
- Notice that each status page only displays each user's associated components
- Login to the Statuspage.io Management Portal
- Degrade a component status specific to Russell (API), but not associated with Brennan
- Refresh both Rusell and Brennan’s status pages. You should see that Russell’s page shows degraded performance, but all systems are up for Brennan
- Head back to the incidents section. Create an incident and associate it with the same component as before
- Refresh both Rusell and Brennan’s status pages. You should see that Russell’s page shows degraded performance along with an open incident at the top of the page, but all systems are up for Brennan.
- Since Russell was only affected by this incident, he also received the incident notification. Brennan, on the other hand, is purposefully left in the dark since the incident did not affect him.
- Head back to the incidents section and resolve the first incident
- Refresh both Rusell and Brennan’s status pages. You should see that both pages show ‘All Systems Operational’, but Russell’s page has a resolved incident within the incident history section.
- Head back to the incidents section and create an incident associated with a component shared by both Russell and Brennan (Management Portal)
- Refresh both pages and you should see that both pages show the incident at the top of the page along with their shared component in a degraded state